Drumroll please…the next OEA’er to step into the spotlight is none other than our Video “Guy” Adam McPherson.
1. What is your position at O’Brien et al. Advertising? What do your responsibilities entail? How long have you been with OEA?
I am the video guy. I help plan upcoming shoots, then come shoot day I set up lighting, audio, and camera, shoot, and direct. Once the shooting is all finished, I bring the footage in and edit to a finished product for our clients.
2. What’s the most interesting thing on your desk right now?
The Canon 5D Mark III instruction manual. O’Brien et al. just upgraded our equipment!
3. What’s the best email address you’ve ever seen?
Hmmm….I used to have the email address “lilmac” that my brother set up for me to use AIM back in middle school….embarrassing…
4. What is something that not a lot of people know about you, but you WISH more people COULD know?
Finishing projects whether video or radio is my favorite accomplishment, but nothing is more enjoyable than playing golf. Visiting family, friends, and my girlfriend are my favorite pastimes. I can’t stand the thought of not living near water. Day drinking and sleeping early always beats going out at night.
5. You’ve worked on a variety of outside projects; have any favorites?
I had a great time visiting the wineries on the Southern Virginia Wine Trail last Fall and shooting videos for their websites.
6. What has been your most bizarre life experience?
I’d have to say 6-weeks “studying” with 20 other college kids in Ireland, during which I almost got deported….
7. Where does the nickname “Los” come from?
Los Stands for “Life on the Streets”; it comes from a music video I shot and edited back in 2009 just before I got my start at O’Brien.
8. What were you doing at this time 5 years ago?
5 years ago I was graduating from JMU with two degrees (Video Production and PR) quickly followed by me applying to a pizza delivery job and working video for the Norfolk Admirals and Tides for $40/night to direct their video board…the future was so bright in 2008.
9. Who’s your man crush?
I’m proud to say I’ve never felt a man “crush” per se, but I do have a strong appreciation for Matthew McConaughey. Anyone who can play bongos so loud in their backyard to cause a noise complaint is OK in my book.
10. What was the last thing you ate?
I ate a salad today. My girlfriend is wearing off on me, thanks Alexandra.